To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Intern
Job Title: Brand Marketing Intern
SUB FUNCTION: Consumer Marketing
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
At Reynolds, we’re a family of companies who strive for success in everything we do to positively transform the tobacco industry. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At Reynolds, we take pride in the growth of our people. We invest in your career and total well-being to help you achieve the remarkable career you envision.
We are seeking undergraduate students who are rising seniors with a desire to explore an internship that exposes them to consultative sales and marketing. All candidates must be 21 or older by the start of the internship. You will need to be available to work a full-time schedule during our 10-week summer intern program, starting in June.
Independent judgment/decision-making, influencing/sales skills, strong organization, time management and data-analysis skills are key essentials to this intern position. During the Internship Program, interns will be exposed to training surrounding these skills to best prepare for a career at RAI.
The summer internship will span across 10 weeks. You will work at our Plaza building located in Winston-Salem, NC.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
Brand Marketing Interns will work tenured marketing professionals to contribute to the successful execution of strategic business plans and marketing programs. You will work in intern groups to develop and present a strategic business analysis project addressing real business opportunities and creating action plans against those opportunities.
In joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
Senior Manager – Brand Marketing
Number of Direct Reports
Up to 10%
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Participates in a full-time, 37.5-hour work week Internship Program for 10 weeks.
- Collaborates with other Marketing functions and teams.
- Develops superior product knowledge and, under mentor guidance.
- Functions independently and collaboratively.
- Learns about product sales, distribution, and consumer marketing brand strategies.
- Develop and present a strategic business analysis project addressing real business opportunities and creating action plans against those opportunities.
- Timely completes administrative tasks including e-Learnings, expense reports, etc.
- Completes personal development and training sessions on social styles and adaptive communication.
- Effectively and appropriately uses independent judgment in making business and strategy recommendations.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Rising Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree - Business Degree with Marketing focus Preferred
- 21 years or older at the start of the Internship Program
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- A creative, dependable, self-motivated leader with a passion for winning
- An innovative problem solver who possesses strong communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Teams
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required (*Essential functions)
- Transformational Mindset: effectively exhibits change agility, translates vision into actionable plans, challenges the status quo, manages ambiguity, simplifies, and prioritizes tasks
- Inspiring Leadership: drives alignment, sets clear expectations to elevate individual and team performance, and identify, lead and support initiatives that challenge prevailing mindsets and current processes
- Develops and Stretches Talent: elevates individual and team performance, shows evidence and interest in stretch opportunities, and demonstrates a visible commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Insight and Execution: demonstrates optimism, a winning mindset, ability to be nimble and pivot when needed and drives high quality output
- Innovative problem solver with strong communication skills
- Leadership, self-motivation and initiative
- Has a high level of persistence, resilience, and results orientation
- Vigorously embraces change
- Previous experience in a marketing focused role – brand marketing, field market trade or business-to-business
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
Hourly Rate: Undergraduate Rate: $21.00 per hour / Graduate Rate: $38.50 per hour
- Leadership training opportunities
- Roundtable Networking Events with senior leadership
- Engagement Events with fellow interns
- Generous salary
- Housing stipends provided
- On-Site Health Fitness Centers at corporate, research and manufacturing locations
- Participation in Reynolds American’s award-winning 401(k) retirement savings plan including company contributions
- Confidential personal financial counselling service at no cost to you
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.