To achieve the ambition we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be the change!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH & DEVELOMENT (SR&D) GLOBAL MANAGEMENT TRAINEE
SENIORITY LEVEL: Management Trainee.
FUNCTION: Scientific Research & Development.
LOCATION: Winston Salem, NC.
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVE
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
Reynolds American, Inc. (RAI), part of British American Tobacco (BAT), is a world-leading manufacturer that's transforming the tobacco industry through innovation. Every day, our people, workplaces, and brands set us apart as we create a future that redefines the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century. Our portfolio of brands includes Newport, Camel, Grizzly, and Vuse.
What is the Global Graduate Program (GGP)?
Our Global Graduate Program (GGP) is an entry-level opportunity designed for college graduates with 1-3 years of work experience who want to fast-track their career, globally. BAT is a market leader in over 55 countries with over 55,000 employees. The GGP prepares you for a Lead Manager role within one year, with international career opportunities across BAT's footprint.
Become a Global Graduate in Scientific Research & Development (SR&D)
As a Global Graduate in SR&D, you'll learn the business of SR&D and SR&A from top to bottom, inside and out. Our SR&D team is comprised of two primary areas: Scientific Research & Development (SR&D) and Scientific and Regulatory Affairs (S&RA). Within these spaces you could work in various spaces including compliance, validation, product submissions, clinical studies, statistics and biostatistics, analytical services and development, and product deployment. While you'll be assigned to one team, you may have the opportunity to get exposure to each of these areas as part of your immersion in SR&D. You'll develop remarkable skills in SR&D, understand best practices, and learn how SR&D partners with functional leaders throughout the organization to achieve business results.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
The GGP offers:
- Fast-track career progression in a high risk, high reward 18-month rotational program with multiple checkpoints.
- Intensive, hands-on training and support.
- International opportunity.
- Year and a half long foundation-building program, in which you'll:
- Understand our consumers and our competitors.
- Get hands-on experience in our retail environment.
- On-the-job training in a role making an impact from day one.
- Engage in an experiential journey to fully understand our business.
- Global Graduates participate in a 1-week intensive learning and networking experience in the UK, the Global Graduate Academy, during which you'll develop an understanding of our global business strategy.
- Global Graduates are assigned a mentor to support learning and development through continuous feedback, coaching, and evaluation.
- Conduct research and data analysis to support key SR&D initiatives in one of the SR&D or S&RA teams, and leverage insights to inform overall SR&D strategies.
- Support the design and implementation of team strategies and initiatives.
- Activate campus and early career recruitment strategies via the internship and global graduate programs.
- Deliver assigned project at a high-level through collaboration and self-leadership.
- Investigate and analyze more complex issues and defer to higher tiers of support as appropriate.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you a self-starter?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
- Do you work well within a team setting?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Open to relocate globally.
- High academic performance.
- Prior internship, practicum experience; student organization or other leadership experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong business acumen and a strategic mindset.
- Intellectual curiosity and ambition.
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Bold and innovative thinkers who thrive in collaborative environments.
- Committed to making an impact and driving results.
- Eager to take on complex challenges and demonstrate tenacity and perseverance.
- Ability to learn on the fly and apply learnings to make value-maximizing decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills. Comfortable developing and delivering presentations utilizing data and insights.
Education / Qualifications/ Certifications Required
- Graduate level (Master’s or Doctorate) preferred in Chemistry, Biology, Toxicology, Pharmacology, Physics, or related fields. Undergraduate experience considered with relevant experience.
- Previous experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Knowledge of FDA regulation processes or experience in another FDA-related industry.
- Efficient use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams).
- Competitive Annual Salary.
- Targeted Annual Bonus.
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets.
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work.
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner.
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies.
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Our company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth. (401k) contributions up to six percent.
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package.
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service.
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave, and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule.
- Confidential personal financial counselling service.
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers.
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice.
- Health-care advocacy service.
- Volunteer service opportunities.
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union.
- Extensive training opportunities.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility, and creativity for motivated employees who want to grow their careers. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc.and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email atTalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.