To achieve the ambition we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be the change!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A 2024 Scientific Research & Development Summer Intern (Graduate Level)
SENIORITY LEVEL: Intern
FUNCTION: Scientific Research & Development
LOCATION: Winston Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Reynolds Scientific Research & Development (SR&D) team is offering internships for Summer 2024 located in Winston-Salem, NC. The internship will provide exciting opportunities for exposure to parts of the business outside SR&D. As an SR&D intern, you will gain hands-on experience in a dynamic, exciting work environment. You will be assigned a challenging research project requiring creative thinking, problem solving, and teamwork as you interact with various teams and personnel throughout our winning organization. In addition, you will have fun while adding value and encountering outstanding career development support. At the close of your internship, you will present your project overview, findings, and recommendations to senior management, project partners, and work teams.
Senior Manager Scientific Research & Development
Number of Direct Reports
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Execute challenging assignments in the SR&D or S&RA space
- Collaborate with teams across the Research & Development and Scientific & Regulatory Affairs teams
- Demonstrate proficient project management, time management, and team collaboration skills
- Presentation of findings to SR&D Leadership Team
- There may be opportunities to work in the following teams:
- Regulatory & Validation Compliance
- Regulatory Process
- Product Submissions (FMC, THP, Vapor, Oral, and Wellbeing & Stimulation)
- Statistics & Biostatistics
- Analytical Services & Development
- Clinical Studies
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you enjoy critical thinking and problem solving in a laboratory environment?
- Do you want to be a part of the research involved in driving towards Tobacco Harm Reduction?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
- Pursuing a degree in a scientific discipline such as Chemistry, Biology, Toxicology, Pharmacology, Physics, or related fields
- Pursuing Graduate level (Master’s or Doctorate) preferred, Undergraduate level considered with relevant experience
- Understanding of chemistry/biology laboratory operations and safety
- Able to critically think and problem solve when conducting complex analyses
- Previous internship experience
- Experience working in a laboratory setting
- Knowledge of FDA regulation processes or experience in another FDA-related industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
Hourly Graduate Rate: $38.50 per hour
- Leadership training opportunities
- Roundtable Networking Events with senior leadership
- Engagement Events with fellow interns
- Generous salary
- Housing stipends provided
- On-Site Health Fitness Centers at corporate, research and manufacturing locations
- Participation in Reynolds American’s award-winning 401(k) retirement savings plan including company contributions
- Confidential personal financial counselling service at no cost to you
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.