BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Associate Manager
FUNCTION: Trade & Marketing Distribution
SALARY RANGE: Basic salary + Excellent benefits + Market leading bonus
LOCATION: Damansara City, Kuala Lumpur
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The role is responsible to develop, implement and evaluate key account plans including volume, profit, market share, distribution and in-store objectives per brand through the most effective utilisation of budgets, TM&D systems and manpower in order to achieve the overall Trade Marketing objectives.
Reports to: Customer Management Manager
Reporting Level: Manage Self & Others
Geographic Scope: Local
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with clients by understanding their focus and anticipating their needs.
- Manage communications & coordinate between upper management within internal and external resources to expedite workflow.
- Development of long-term trade investment planning & engagement frameworks alongside with resource allocation.
- Contract structure and liaison with Mkt Fin & LEX for sign-off.
- Assist with commercial facts for joint business plans & liaison with NSM Trade Investment Manager for Trade Investment opportunities
- Handle inquiries and requests from customers and address their needs making sure they receive services that are within their budget and meet their needs.
- Analyse BAT demand side and supply side business performance in accounts & able to map competitors’ position.
- Provide input in development of national account business strategy by building business plans and alignment which align with BAT strategies.
- Manage the implementation & negotiation of account plans to ensure that volume / profit objectives are achieved through the most efficient use of resources.
- Generate progress reports for clients and senior leaders within the organization.
- Manage consumer demand & supply issues in accounts’ retail execution for the category.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Possess at least a Degree or equivalent in any discipline
- Minimum of 3 years Account Management experience. Preferable FMCG Industry
- Competent user of Microsoft Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Have a competitive edge and thrive in a team environment
- Energetic, enthusiastic and calm even in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A highly independent individual with excellent team-working skills
- Strength in analytical, interpersonal, communication (oral & written), negotiation and planning skills.
- Ability to successfully negotiate, influence and able to present business recommendation to leadership team.
- Marketing knowledge: Comprehensive understanding and insight of managing all elements of the marketing mix, above / below the line, price, promotion, shelf space, product (range), research, space management.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of all inter-related company functions, e.g. distribution, credit control, customer service, CORA, Legal, human resource and advertising agencies.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!