BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Manager
FUNCTION: New Categories Marketing Deployment
SALARY RANGE: Basic salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Damansara Heights, Selangor
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The role is responsible leading & managing the deployment of BAT’s new categories portfolio plans (NC) in Malaysia to support the overall corporate priority on Step Change in New Categories.
Reports to: Head of Brand Deployment – New Categories
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: End Market - Malaysia
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Deploy the portfolio strategy and manage the implementation of brands plans to generate value within targeted segments and growth spaces.
- Lead end market brand management activities, including the development and execution of brand initiatives, concepts, and communication content.
- Lead the development of local codes and guidelines, sought at delivering memorable campaigns, experiential events, and customer participation strategies to enable the strengthening of targeted equity attributes for the achievement of brand specific performance objectives.
- Develop NPI, product, activation & research briefs and assist in developing product solutions which exceed consumer expectations & needs.
- Define and manage agency scope of work within agreed budgets and manage external agencies to deliver all requirements of the brand and activation plans on time in full to the defined quality expectations
- Develop and maintain local brand and campaign cycle plans to share in relevant internal governance forums to inform and align the organisation on the deployment of the portfolio strategy
- Drive effective management of commercial rhythm, ensuring relevant pre-read and presentation content is cross- functionally aligned, solution focused and delivered for business meetings
- Develop effective communication content for internal forums including cycle briefs and company presentations, securing legal approval for all initiatives, and handling required internal governance systems
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- High interest level to become part of the prime team of the launch of our new categories products
- Ability to exhibit leadership capabilities in engagement with key partners through behaviours and attitudes which are in line with company ethos, that is responsive to constant change, embodies a learning culture and that is dedicated to continuous improvement – Bold, Fast, Responsible, Empowered, Diverse.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 5-7 years in a portfolio management and activation role in a similar FMCG industry.
- Digital marketing capabilities including social media marketing, E-commerce, CRM and data management.
- Advanced campaign planning across multiple touchpoints.
- Demonstrate solid analytic skills which involve compiling data, identifying trends, and making recommendations.
- Planning and organising skills which involves establishing and prioritising tasks and objectives to manage time and resources appropriately.
- Ability to influence and create buy-in from stakeholders.
- Agile in leading change and innovation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to deliver impactful presentations to all stakeholders.
- Good experience in project management, consumer marketing and FMCG retail activation
- Exposure in Digital Trade & Marketing environment
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation.
See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!