BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior Level
FUNCTION: DBS / IDT
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Warsaw, Poland
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
You will be supporting the integration of Bluetooth connected vaping and THP devices with the MyVuse mobile application, IoT platform and with internal BAT systems. Working closely with the New Categories connected devices teams in the development and deployment of these devices globally. Supporting the product commercialization of this ecosystem from device to mobile application, working with development teams to deliver the end-to-end solutions.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
Ownership of continuous improvement of existing services and leveraging upcoming innovation ideas into product.
Reports to: Global DBS Manager – Connected Devices
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Global
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Supporting the development of device connectivity features in alignment with target use cases requirements / features which will be most beneficial to consumers and the businessA.
- Working to improve the processes and ways of working algin to agile product and software development.
- Support of innovation projects through to commercial delivery, from prototyping to large consumer deployments – Globally.
- Gain knowledge in Enterprise architecture, IT policies, standards and procedures and provide ad-hoc business analysis and process mapping documentation when required to technical/non-technical stakeholders.
- Ensure alignment with overall committed deliverables aligned with roadmaps and priorities
- Collaboration with all stakeholders and team members in the device software development process and business units (e.g., R&D, Product Development, LEX, SP&I, Marketing) to establish and maintain a balanced and integrated Product
- Identifying and supporting issues impacting the execution of strategic / operational / project plans
- Supporting the implementation of solutions – checking against the initial requirements
- Contributing to feature development leveraging Agile ways of working, daily stand-ups , sprint planning, retro, demo and quarterly programme increment planning workshops.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you familiar with connected consumer products with mobile applications?
- Do you have demonstratable experience of working within and Agile framework.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proficient business and technology experience with IoT device product development and management
- Proven track of successfully delivered connected device and digital products including mobile applications.
- Experience in regulated industries
- Experience in innovation and knowledge of new disruptive technologies
- Experience in defining technical requirements and agile ways of working
- Experience in complex organization on a global scale
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Experience of building CI/CD pipelines and DevSecOps best practices.
- Experience in containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in different Cloud categories (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, CaaS, etc.) and good knowledge of Cloud infrastructure design (computing, storage, networking, integration, serverless, security)
- Experience in tools like: Git, Azure Devops,
- Experience in test automation
- Demonstratable experience working with any IoT connectivity projects (commercial or hobbyist)
Nice to have:
- Experience of working with Python, Bash, YAML, C, C++, Linux · Experience of working with Embedded FW Tools, like IAR, Keil
- Understanding or exposure to embedded firmware development on constrained devices.
- Familiarity of ARM MCUs architecture
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!