BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Non-Management Level
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Procurement of seed from Leaf Agronomy as per the requirement and onward distribution to farmers
- Farmers’ registration as well as arrangement for seed sowing
- Periodic arrangement of growers’ meetings/workshops in his area for conveying the company’s message regarding the quality requirements & education of growers
- Ensure plantation of a suitable crop size in his area of jurisdiction enabling buying team to secure volumes as per company volumes & quality targets.
- Timely finalization of seedbed, crop & yield assessment surveys to enable the management in getting to a real crop size
- Ensure all the sustainability initiatives including FSM is completed as per expectation & timelines.
- To ensure plantation of enough crop as per the growing strategy & balancing demand/supply
- Motivation as well as coaching of tobacco growers to adopt best practices and other standard operations resulting in increase in the yields/quality & farmers ROI
- Achieve Afforestation target & ensuring a given survival rate as post plantation care
- Meet all environment, safety, and other assigned targets
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Agriculture Graduate with 1 – 2 years of experience.
- In depth knowledge about tobacco production, curing & grading
- Good in IT skills i.e. MS Office
- New & innovative ways in agricultural extension
- Arrange plantation and supervision of research trials
- Introduction of Best practices through method/result demonstration
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!