To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Level
LOCATION: Winston Salem
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Innovation provides growth, value and competitive advantage for BAT in a dynamic and competitive environment. Therefore, ensuring that BAT has the appropriate capability to delivery innovations is a key driver of the overall strategy. The deployment of NPI requires an agile organisation which provides the planning and execution of projects across all relevant BAT geographies and designated brand portfolio.
Director Innovations & Product Planning
Number of Direct Reports
Internal -Consumer Marketing & Trade Marketing, Supply Chain Planning and Service Managers, Operations (Manufacturing, Engineering, Procurement, and Quality), R&D (Product & Packaging Development, Product Data Management, Product Process), Finance
External -Regional Suppliers
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Leadership – lead and champion the deployment of the NPI process across cross functional teams, to successfully deliver projects, in accordance with planned timing, volume, cost and quality criteria
- Governance – ensuring utilization of best practices and associated system (Decision Rights, Protocols and the Hive system usage) and participate or provide inputs to the appropriate decision making forums
- Management – of the designated NPI projects end-to-end utilizing the Hive/Appian systems. Ensuring business functions are effectively managing: resource allocation, project budget, the creation and completion of the local business case (as required), project risk (ensuring adequate risk mitigation is in place), dealing with operational issues, and highlighting lessons learned through improvement plans during reviews
- Financial – ensure the delivery of NPI’s as per the cycle plan, which generates growth through innovation, optimization through productivity and regulatory compliance of the portfolio. Ensure that Local business cases, provide the appropriate transfer price, CapEx, gross margin impact and write-off information required to allow effective business decisions
- Stakeholder – collaborate with stakeholders in Marketing, Product and Operations to aligned plans & priorities, resolve project issues and secure support necessary to assure project delivery with effective visibility to facilitate informed decision making. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other managers in the NPI community to allow a common and integrated way of working
- Communication – prepare the required documentation and reports in a timely and consistent manner
- Performance – management of assigned projects to agreed time, quality and cost, criteria whilst maintain project documentation and ensuring adherence to protocols and process
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have knowledge in manufacturing environment?
- Do you enjoy working with cross-functional teams on project management?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- The job holder would have minimum 2 years’ experience in project and program management skills with a working knowledge of Operations, Product and Marketing. Demonstrated effective engagement across multiple levels of stakeholders. Proven ability to manage complex issues, work independently and manage detail as validated by experience
- Degree or equivalent in a science or related subject.
- Demonstrable track record of leading complex issues, working independently, and managing detail as validated by experience.
- Experience in Operations (manufacturing or supply chain) preferred
- Knowledge of NPI Deployment gained through project and programs management experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of innovation pipeline.
- Knowledge of NPI Deployment in the tobacco, Oral, THP & Vapor industry, with a strong background in NPI management.
- Excellent knowledge of technical requirements, lead times, and NPI Deployment protocols.
- Demonstrable project and program management, planning, and operational implementation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders at a variety of levels.
- Excellent project and program management skills, effective engagement skills, and the ability to influence stakeholders.
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
- Annual Salary: Minimum: $88,400 Maximum: $130,000
- Bonus Target: 15%
The following is a general summary of the competitive compensation and benefit plans we offer:
- Company vehicle for eligible employees
- Cell phone allowance for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation.
- Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Company contributes an additional 3% to 401(k) whether employee participates or not
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, and prescription drugs)
- Health Savings Account start-up contribution for employees in the high deductible health plan
- Flexible spending accounts for both Health Care and Dependent Care allowing employee to use pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified expenses during the calendar year
- Employee assistance program offering 8 free counseling sessions, per each issue, each calendar year for employees and/or their family members
- Company paid life insurance of 1x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Company paid accidental death or dismemberment coverage of 2x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum) through AD&D insurance
- Voluntary insurances offered at group rates: employee and dependent life insurance, AD&D insurance, critical illness, accident coverage, disability buy-up, and auto & home insurance
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan support
- Foundation Scholarship Program
- Confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers at corporate, research and manufacturing locations
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
- Paid Leave:
- Sick and Personal Time (exempt employees may be excused with pay for brief absences; non-exempt employees receive up to 6 days)
- Vacation (levels Below Senior Director receive 15 pro-rated days during first year of service; Senior Director and Officers receive 25 pro-rated days during first year of service).
- Holidays (Company recognized and two annual personal holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion)
- Parental Leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Funeral Leave
- Short-Term Disability Leave
- Long-Term Disability Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Military Leave
- Released Time for Children’s Education
- Community Outreach Leave
- Other paid leave benefits, as required by state or local law