BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
JOB TITLE: Operator in Croatia, Europe
EXTERNAL JOB TITLE: Operator in Croatia, Europe
SUB FUNCTION: Production - Operations
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary/remuneration
JOB TYPE: Permanent
Ensuring correct and continuous production process through proper machinery operation, in line with specification and quality requirements.
- Adherence of all company work procedures and work instructions relating to equipment, activities and processes
- Responsible for handover shifts, clear and complete communication within the function
- Responsible for the timely and proper administration of the specified documentation
- Take responsibility for delegated tasks
- Fully awareness of the goals and capabilities of machines
- Continuous work on improvements that will lead to better results
- Control product quality and responds quickly to inadequate quality parameters of materials and products
- Responsible for proper assembling and disposal of scrap and waste
- Responsible for checking repro materials and raw materials
- Regularly checks the operating state of the equipment for technical adjustment
- Informing the head of the team and the team leader about the problems noted
- Use catalogues and manuals and properly maintain technical documentation.
- Taking care of the correctness of tools, equipment and machines
- Actively participates in maintenance of machines and periodical equipment services
- Prepare a list of necessary spare parts and materials and inform the head of maintenance about this
- Responsible for self-development and development of team colleagues.
- Willing to learn about processes, setting priorities and perform various activities within the Department.
- Flexible, adapted to changes in processes and procedures
- Maintains machines and workspace in clean condition to allow uninterrupted execution of production processes
- Certified general physical condition according to job requirements and law prescribed regulations
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the company EHS policy and procedures and ensure these are followed during the course of any work
- Ensure all office tools and materials utilized during the projects are suitable, safe and in accordance with relevant standards and company requirements
- To act as an Ambassador for BAT towards official parties and all stakeholders as required
- All activities listed in processes and General Acts as well as procedures of the Company, and in particular of the own department/function
- All other activities according to Employer’s needs and requests
- Responsible for quality of work performed, monitoring and preparation of reports and documentation in accordance with the standards of acceptable and legal framework
- Accepts training and professional development as required either on or off local site in order to gain professional qualifications and/or improve abilities and skills in accordance with company’s decision
- Critically appraises own function and suggest ways to improve performance to the benefit of the department as a whole as well as initiates the improvement of profitability and efficiency
- Assesses proactively standard procedures and indicates to superiors oversights of these and suggests improvements
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Minimum secondary school education
- Communication skills (level B of English language proficiency)
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate others
- Ability to set priorities
- Teamwork ability
- Basic Computer skills
- Technical training for PMD/SMD machines
- Understanding the maintenance system
- Experience in administer of technical documentation
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference.