BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
JOB TITLE: Production Technician in Croatia, Europe
EXTERNAL JOB TITLE: Production Technician in Croatia, Europe
SUB FUNCTION: Production - Operations
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary/remuneration
JOB TYPE: Permanent
Production Technician is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to the Operations team. They follow work procedures defined by processes and work instructions, adhere to EHS standards, and follow the principles of BAT. They work on the machine and use their technical knowledge to optimize and achieve efficient production within all production parameters. They troubleshoot faults, downtime, and maintain machines within their technical capabilities to ensure continuous production. They participate in preventive maintenance and accurately and promptly maintain the specified documentation.
They are familiar with the equipment they are assigned to and support others in eliminating downtime on that equipment. They take care of their equipment by bringing it to a basic state using the knowledge gained through the steps of Autonomous Maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring machine preparation is done before the start of the shift.
- Manages and maintains machines, diagnoses and repairs issues on the machines.
- Strict adherence to IWS standards (CIL, CL, DH, KAIZEN, BDE).
- Eliminates root causes of equipment failures.
- Ensures achievement of OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency) goals, planned and unplanned downtimes.
- Completes targeted Autonomous Maintenance (AM) steps according to the schedule for their equipment.
- Checks product quality and ensures compliance with environmental, safety, and quality protection procedures.
- Efficiently assesses risks on machines and takes corrective measures in consultation with the department supervisor.
- Prepares and maintains documentation such as maintenance reports and fault reports.
- Responsible for implementing the online facility maintenance procedure in SAP.
- Certified general physical condition according to job requirements and law prescribed regulations
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the company EHS policy and procedures and ensure these are followed during the course of any work
- Ensure all office tools and materials utilized during the projects are suitable, safe and in accordance with relevant standards and company requirements
- To act as an Ambassador for BAT towards offical parties and all stakeholders as required
- All activities listed in processes and General Acts as well as procedures of the Company, and in particular of the own department/function
- All other activities according to Employer’s needs and requests
- Responsible for quality of work performed, monitoring and preparation of reports and documentation in accordance with the standards of acceptable and legal framework
- Accepts training and professional development as required either on or off local site in order to gain professional qualifications and/or improve abilities and skills in accordance with company’s decision
- Critically appraises own function and suggest ways to improve performance to the benefit of the department as a whole as well as initiates the improvement of profitability and efficiency
- Assesses proactively standard procedures and indicates to superiors oversights of these and suggests improvements
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Completed high school education in Mechanical/Technical field.
- English proficiency B level
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Strong skills in the field of mechanical engineering, problem identification, and problem-solving.
- Ability to demonstrate the necessary technical competencies.
- Basic knowledge of computer operation, including familiarity with common software.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference.