BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT MEXICO IS LOOKING FOR A Sr. DATA SCIENTIST - D&A
JOB TITLE: Sr. Data Scientist – D&A
FUNCTION: Strategic Planning & Insights
CITY & COUNTRY: MONTERREY, MEXICO
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role? .
The Sr. Data Scientist in D&A will lead & deliver projects of Analytics as assigned by the Team Manager. In addition, this role is expected to be an expert in data science solution in area of Revenue Growth Management – Pricing/assortment/promotion/TPI analytics.
Working with a diverse and highly skilled team, this role will combine technical expertise with business strategy to take the business to the next level.
Will build DS statistical models using multiple data sources and solutions focusing on bringing transparency into the insights and foresights that are driving our company.
The projects thus delivered is expected to help the business to take better decisions and create value for them as well as provide objective, timely and relevant information/analysis.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
The projects thus delivered is expected to help the business to take better decisions and create value for them to increase revenue and sales.
Reports to: Lead Data Scientist
- Independently deliver end-to-end Data and Analytics solutions / outcomes as per specifications
- Support to drive assigned monetary value targets (Revenue / EBIDTA / Costs / Cash Flows) by driving implementation of Data and Analytics solutions in supported business
- Should be an expert delivering solutions in Python and/or R languages with working experience in Advanced Analytics / Modelling.
- Leverage the power of data & analytics to identify opportunities to drive growth of the company and enable timely and quality decision making.
- Manage, transform & connect various data sources and extract powerful insights on a daily basis.
- Mine and analyze data from existing or new databases using different techniques and languages such as SQL, R, Phyton to query & manage various large data sets tweaking queries for best performance.
- Project Delivery - Professionally delivers projects to achieve long term benefits, maintaining a clear view of the project objectives, risk areas and engagement methodologies required to gain business buy-in and delivery.
- Effective Communication - Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications across different audiences and with the ability to articulate ideas & solutions is must (verbal and written English is a must).
- Follows agreed processes to deliver outcomes efficiently & within agreed SLAs with a continuous improvement mindset
- Delivering in ambiguous & dynamic situations as a part of a global multi-functional team.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Educational qualifications: Graduate in Engineering / Statistics / Economics / Maths / Analytics or other quantitative discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on working experience with solid understanding of data science statistical modelling and Minimum of 1 year of hands on experience in on building RGM solutions (Pricing/assortment/promotion/TPI analytics):
- Expert hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Fluency and expertise in Python is a must.
- Proven experience in building and interpreting both Statistical Models and ML Models.
- Proven experience in model training, testing, tuning, and feature selection.
- Basic knowledge of Power BI, Microstrategy, etc. along with understanding of UI / UX tools.
- Experience in AWS or cloud environments, parallel processing will be preferred.
- Exposure to RDBMS tools like SQL, Oracle along with SAP will be an added advantage.
- Medium to advance in programming languages SQL.
- Can learn quickly and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment – is a curious self-starter, flexible problem solver, and embrace an agile mentality
- Fluency in English is a must, since the role is regarding the US market
- Preferable have experience working with a range of BI & analytics architectures. These may include: traditional warehousing, Cloud (AWS, Azure, Amazon S3, Teradata, Snowflake, etc.), visualization, etc.
- Minimum experience of 2 years in managing & engaging global stakeholders independently is a must.
- Experience in Agile methodologies.
- Certifications or specialist in Data Science/Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence or related will be an added advantage
- Expertise in concepts like RGM/MMM/MSE/Consumer analytics is preferred
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!