BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Non-Management Level
FUNCTION:Trade Marketing and Distribution (Marketing)
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of Marketing function and is responsible to execute the Qatar operational plan within their assigned territories to deliver trade marketing, distribution, and brand objectives within trade channels and key accounts through application of BAT best practices.
Reports to: Area Manager
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Local
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Evaluate assigned territory constantly to ensure all business opportunities are being maximized
- Ensure effective implementation of all cycle plan activities with emphasis on activities to communicate with ASU30 consumers
- Ensure all trade marketing information and reports including RCS data, competitor reports, and cycle plan reports are up to date, accurate, and provided in a timely fashion
- Establish an excellent working relationship with the trade to gain their active support to maximize volume and in store presence within agreed budgets.
- Implement and evaluate Trade incentive schemes as outlined in the Area action plan to maximize in store visibility and awareness for drive brands
- Management and leadership of distributor sales force to maximize distribution opportunities and minimize OOS situations by pro-actively communicating these –Distribution Gap Monitor.
- Ensure BAT distribution objectives on product quality (freshness) and availability are being met
- Assist Area Manager in supervision and guidance of merchandiser activities to ensure all BAT in store furniture is maintained in clean working condition and complies with agreed planograms
- Formulation, negotiation and execution of business development agreements with Key Accounts
- Deployment, control and follow up of market initiatives and projects
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Preference for bi-lingual - English & Arabic - speaking Graduates)
- 1-2 years’ experience as a merchandiser or trade marketing representative in another FMCG company, preferably one which has a trade marketing approach.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective influencing skills
- Good communicator both verbally and written
- Strong MS office skills, mainly Excel and Power Point
- Well organized with good time management skills
- Self-motivated and capable of working without micro-management
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!