BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
GBS PAKISTANIS LOOKING FOR A TRANSFORMATION PROJECT MANAGER – COMMERCIAL FINANCE
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced Professional
REPORTS TO : Senior Transition Lead – Commercial Finance (G36)
SUB-FUNCTION : Marketing Finance/Commercial Finance
LOCATION: GBS Pakistan
JOB TYPE: Permanent
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Transformation Project Manager clearly understands and is familiar with activities, way of work, general standards and terminologies related to Commercial Finance of a business. The Transformation Project Manager will be key to ensure effective assessment and migration of Commercial Finance related processes & controls from various BAT End Markets (EM) to BAT Shared Service entities (GBS). The project manager will also be responsible for developing GBS Commercial Finance Services and managing diverse group of stakeholders in various BAT EMs & GBS.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Work with Transition Leads to successfully support the transition of roles from EM to GBS including oversight of inflight transitions and planning for subsequent transition waves according to roadmap.
- Support GBS Transition team resource management.
- Offer support so that all tasks/aspects within the Transition are well managed and consolidate pending activities as per escalation plan for the projects.
- Following the transition governance including managing risks and issues registers and adherence to the group policies throughout the lifecycle of a business process transition.
- Acting as the key interface between the EM, GBS, HR, Legal, Compliance, Regional unit or any other relevant entities to ensure effectiveness and compliance during the transitions.
- Provide accurate and timely update reports on project status, meeting minutes, issue logs and risk registers to relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain consistent and effective communication between GBS, extended team members and stakeholders (EM, other functions etc.).
- Identify and co-ordinate continuous improvement initiatives i.e. lessons learned from previous transitions.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE.
- Higher education and degree in commerce / accounting / finance, preferably with professional Finance qualification (CA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA/MBA) and Project Management (PMP/PRINCE2)
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing principles and strategy in the areas of General Marketing concepts, Finance concepts related to Trade & Sales, Financial impact on Product & Portfolio Strategy, Pricing and Excise, Brand Profitability, Marketing Investment (Budget) Management etc.
- Knowledge & understanding about process, risks and controls including general understanding of other functions.
- Agility, ability & self discipline to work with teams in different time zones, independently with minimal supervision, under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Interpersonal skill to navigate through complex, multi cultural and dynamic environment of a large organization including ability to manage diverse group of stakeholders.
- Possess excellent communication skills suitable for a multicultural organization and team – proficieny in English.
- Proactive & Persuasive, Responsible & Creative, Open Minded & Bold.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and propose new solutions.
- Over 4 years of Finance Managerial experience in commercial units.
This role will often require attending meetings in various different time zones within BAT Asia Pacific & Middle East Region covering GMT+3 to GMT+12.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.