BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL : Non-Management Level
LOCATION: Nadi, Fiji
ROLE TYPE: Contract role
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDES:
- Install, repair, and maintain the electrical parts of factory machinery and equipment
- Work individually and as part of the team to successfully complete projects
- PLC troubleshooting and timely restoration
- Perform daily and weekly machine calibrations
- Prepare SOPs for machines
- Perform routine cleaning, inspection, and lubrication of machines
- Ensure to follow EHS procedures and adhere to electrical codes
- Correctly interpret technical drawings and documents for proper execution of assignments
- Thoroughly conduct quality assurance measures and inspections
QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES:
- At least 3 – 5 years of working experience in a factory environment
- Have experience with operating machines in a factory
- Sound knowledge of AS/NZ wiring codes and standards, PLC and SCADA systems
- Able to interpret schematics and other technical documents, and troubleshoot electrical problems
- Must be able to handle physically demanding tasks
- Able to work long hours when required
- Trade Certificate or Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Wiremen’s License preferred
- Delivering in ambiguous & dynamic situations as a part of a global multi-functional team by building partnerships & working diplomatically
- Drives innovation & knowledge sharing
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Disclaimer: We might not have an open role at this moment, but, because our work environment is very dynamic, we are encouraging you to apply for this position and, the moment we have a suitable position for your profile the Recruitment Team will contact you as soon as possible.