BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our Ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
Engineering Apprentice – Factory, Oran.
FUNCTION: Operations, Engineering
DURATION: 12 months Contract
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Identification of potential sustainability projects (projects for the sustainable reduction of energy, CO2, water and waste) as well as initial assessment of feasibility
- Research on existing and new technologies on the market and evaluation of possible applications at the site
- Clarification of technical, temporal and financial feasibility by obtaining offers, coordination with potential suppliers and creation of business cases
- Planning, coordination and project management of sustainability initiatives (e.B. creation and monitoring of deadlines / project plans)
- Coordination avec les fonctions régionales et mondiales et participation aux réunions sur le développement durable, y compris la préparation des KPI respectifs
- Provides support in carrying out projects in the agreed budget, at the agreed term
- Provides support in purchasing, installing, and commissioning new equipment.
- Makes reports and presentations for all technical aspects
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Successfully completed studies with a focus on energy technology, environmental technology, sustainability or similar or a correspondingly successfully completed technical vocational training
- Ability to work independently on projects
- Strong analytical skills, independent, structured, reliable way of working
- Ability to work in a team, confident appearance, communication skills
- High motivation and ambition to actively promote sustainability topics
- Good IT user knowledge, esp. in dealing with MS Office
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!