Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR ANADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced Non-Management Level
FUNCTION: Legal and External Affairs
LOCATION: Washington, DC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
The Admin Coordinator role will provide key administrative support to the Law and External Affairs (LEX) functions, specifically supporting Federal Government Relations. This role may also support other members of LEX and the Reynolds American Management Team. To effectively execute the job responsibilities, the Executive Assistant will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and will be able to work independently with minimal supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people and programs within a fast-paced environment.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to effectively execute plans with keen attention to detail, accuracy and timing; be an articulate / effective communicator, and able to partner with many persons across the organization, locally as well as internationally. The position requires strong organizational skills, a heightened sensitivity to deadlines, the ability to execute with speed and accuracy, to navigate change and possess a high degree of professionalism. The position requires the ability to function as an individual contributor in a team environment, and to effectively manage competing priorities to accomplish a variety of goals. It is important that the successful candidate work pro-actively and independently.
Reports to: VP of Federal Government Relations, Law and External Affairs
Core Relationships: Internal –Ma LEX function, Reynolds American Management Team, Executive Assistant Team External- Global LEX teams and global administrative
Geographic Scope: Local
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Vice President of Federal Government Relations, and FGR staff.
- Process reoccurring monthly and annual payments including but not limited to memberships, equipment rentals, subscriptions, and telecommunications.
- Manage, track, and code budget operations; produce expense reports, timely processing invoices, and check requests.
- Compile and track data for monthly and quarterly reporting. Maintain documents and records in accordance with administrative, compliance and record retention policies.
- Maintain and assess third-party relationships with vendors and suppliers to monitor financial vulnerabilities.
- Manage calendars, meeting agendas, printed materials for colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Provide logistical support for on-site meetings, which includes food/beverage, and administrative and audio-visual support as needed.
- Maintain and resolve issues with IT systems. Coordinate and prepare conference rooms and coordinate virtual meetings.
- Greet visitors, and respond to or direct various inquiries, scheduling requests, services, and initiatives across the department.
- Manage office/facilities, including printing, photocopying, mail pick up & distribution, UPS shipping, organizing, restocking office supplies, and materials, food and beverage, and periodic tidying of the office.
- Attend and participate in meetings and events as required.
- Experience providing administrative support to an Executive in a matrixed, multi-national corporation preferred
- Experience coordinating meetings, events and providing expert logistical support
- Ability to proactively anticipate needs of and opportunities for leaders
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships and be calm and flexible under pressure and amidst changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and ability to manage multi-task assignment
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Bias for action and high sense of urgency
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to make sense of complex information to effectively solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must manage own performance independently and effectively with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when workloads and deadlines require
- Highly collaborative, professional partner with the ability to work as a team player and mutually support and work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- High School diploma required, Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams); ability to troubleshoot basic software issues and learn new systems quickly
- Competitive annual salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
We offer very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave, and jury duty leave; Also, Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at email@example.com.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with RAI Services Company. Job Number: 51247
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN — A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
• Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
• Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
• Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
• Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
• Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
• Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!